Step 3 – HTML Coding (Cont.)
Free Website Templates
Forget HTML – Use A Website Template
Don’t have time to learn HTML, visit the Websites below and download their templates for free. Templates are simple to use. All you need to do is add your text, edit your images and provide a link back.
How to use Website templates.
- Download and unzip your templates.
- If you are new to zip files visit this page, Zip Files.
- You can edit each HTML document using Notepad (Mac users can use SimpleText.)
- To edit your graphics, you will need to download Irfan View for free. Or, create and add text for free at My Imager.
- Edit the text that appears between the <BODY> </BODY> Tags.
- Make sure you don’t modify any <HTML TAGS> – unless you know HTML.
- Show me again how to cut and paste.
- If you use any of the templates below make sure you follow their rules, most sites require a link back.
Advantages of using a template.
When you begin your Website with a template it will serve as a good starting-point for your site and when you add sub-pages to your site you can keep the same theme throughout your site. Plus, if during Testing you make sure your template works fine in both Netscape and Internet Explorer browsers, the chances of comparability problems will be slim.
The sites below offer templates for free.
- » ByDezign Free Theme Sets. A great collection of Website themes listed by category.
- » Elated Pagekits. Excellent collection of over 40 site templates. Each contains multiple page layouts, HTML code and graphics.
- » Free website templates. The best free website templates on the Internet.
- » Free Templates Online. Free templates resource. Download professional web templates absolutely free of charge
- » Free Web Templates.com. Good selection of templates, buttons and backgrounds, including business templates, fan club templates, frames templates, gaming templates, interactive templates and user templates too. They also offer a help forum, if you get stuck.
- » FreeLayouts.com. Free Website Templates, Free Myspace Layouts, and Flash Templates.
- » Free Site Templates. An excellent selection of templates in many different styles, including business designs, personal sites and fast loading pages.
- » GW Web Design. Click the screenshots to download the zip file. Templates are PSP format, some PhotoShop knowledge is needed.
- » HooverWebdesign.com. Free Web templates and free Web interfaces for you to download.
- » Ex-designz Templates. Ex-designz provides FREE (Open Source) XHTML, CSS tableless layout Web templates which are nice looking, professional and can be used free for personal and business Websites.
- » Open Source Web Design. Open Source Web Design is a collection of web designs submitted by Internet users that anyone can download for free.
- » Open Webdesign. Open Source Web Design is a community of designers and site owners sharing free web design templates as well as web design information.
- » Templatesbox.com. TemplatesBox.com offers free and paid solutions for building successful web businesses.
- » Templates Hunt. A dozen free templates to select from.
- » Totally Templates. Create great Websites with Web templates from Totally Templates, for budding Web designers and professionals alike.
- » Planet Plexus Templates. A collection of 35 very good Website templates.
- » Site Kits. Templates with image rollovers and other design tricks. Great!
- » Steves-templates.com. These templates require a link back to Steves-Templates.com, exactly as stated in the terms and conditions of the individual template.
- » Web Diner Web Page Templates. An excellent collection of Website templates.
- » Webshapes.org. A community-driven website template resource. New templates added daily.
- » Web Zone Templates. Free business, flash templates, generic templates high tech templates, and themed templates.